Mobile modular electric power stations rated 1000 kW
The family of mobile modular multi-fuel power stations ÝÄ-1000 has been developed based on the considerable experience of PJSC “Kolomensky Zavod” gained due to production and operation of mobile modular multi-fuel power stations ÝÄ2, ÝÃÄ2, ÝÃÄ2Í, ÝÄ7, ÝÃÄ7, ÝÄ3, ÝÄ6 as well as due to design and technological efforts aimed at Improvement of the main components of power stations in the interests of customers – PJSC “Gazprom” and oil companies.
New mobile modular multi-fuel power stations ÝÄ-1000 are intended for use as main or stand-by sources of electric and heat power supply for industry and special objects as well as for villages. Multi-fuel turbocharged diesel engines featuring high degree of component commonality, low fuel and oil consumption, high reliability and durability are used as power plants of these power electric power stations. High quality of diesel engines Ä49 has been reaffirmed by Russian and international certificates.
Full-scale production of ÝÄ-1000 power stations is to start in the second quarter of 2007.
Electric power stations ÝÄ-1000 provide steady operation at ambient temperature from –400C to +500 C at sea level up to 3000 m, in snowy conditions and at dust content 0,5 g/m3. Power stations can work independently, in parallel with the mains or other similar stations of comparable power output. The family includes 4 modifications depending on the prime mover: diesel engine, dual fuel (gas/diesel) engine, Engine operating on crude oil and engine operating on gas/crude oil. Each of the modifications may comprise generator 6300B or 10500B.
Operation of power units is possible:
- In the diesel mode when only liquid fuel (diesel fuel or crude oil) is used;
- In the crude oil mode when crude oil is used as a fuel;
- In the gas/diesel mode when gas is burned as main fuel (85-90%) and liquid fuel is used as pilot (10-15);
- in the gas/crude oil mode when gas is burned as main fuel (85-90%) and crude oil is used as pilot fuel (10-15%)
On customer demand auxiliary equipment may be included: separate air cooling or heat recovery modules, plants for crude oil treatment, control modules, crew facilities modules etc.
The scope of supply of auxiliary equipment is determined by the customer and the supplier depending on particular operating conditions and can be optimized in each particular case. To provide heat power production heat boilers recovering heat of exhaust gas as well as equipment recovering heat of coolants of the prime movers may be supplied. This permits to achieve engine efficiency of 80-85%.
Services for construction of power stations rendered by PJSC “Kolomensky Zavod” include project feasibility study, engineering, production, commissioning and servicing. The main characteristics of power stations ÝÄ-1000.
Electric power station ÝÄ-1000 is a module with dimensions and design which allow its loading by crane and transportation on an open rail platform or by automobile transport or water transport. Modules delivered to the customer are ready for installation on a foundation or ferroconcrete plates with foundation design resistance 150 kPa min (1,5 kg f/cm2). Service heat recovery system is made as a separate module installed next to the power station. The main characteristics of the power stations are given in Table 1.
Power stations are equipped with:
- built-in engine cooling system including air-to-water heat exchangers and electrically driven fan;
- engine noise silencer;
- high voltage breaker and equipment protection system;
- coolant heating system providing readiness for start and load pick-up;
- fuel tank providing operation at rated load for 8 hours minimum;
- gas contamination control system;
- room ventilation and heating system;
- storage battery with a charging device.
The scope of supply includes the equipment necessary for gas supply and for the power stations burning crude oil a special plant for crude oil treatment may be included. Power station control system is microprocessor-based and provides a high degree of automation. As an option power stations can be controlled by radio signal.
Functions provided by the control system:
- control of the readiness of all the power station systems for start. Malfunction messages restricting start-up;
- automatic coolant temperature maintenance providing readiness for start in the cold time of the year;
- automatic power station start-up and connection to the mains at mains voltage loss and its shut-off at voltage recovery (emergency source of power);
- automatic start-up and connection to the mains of the next power station at their parallel operation in case generated power is not enough or an external command is issued;
- automatic shut-off of the next power station at their parallel operation in case generated power is redundant or an external signal is issued;
- automatic start-up and shut-off (normal and emergent) of the prime mover in response to a control signal from the operator’s room when operated independently or from the main power station when operated in parallel.
- automatic accurate synchronization of the generator with the mains;
- automatic control of engine speed;
- interaction with gas supply control system of gas/diesel an gas/crude oil engines;
- automatic maintenance of the preset active and reactive power when connected to the mains;
- automatic generator voltage adjustment satisfying requirements for distribution of active and reactive power;
- automatic temperature control of engine coolant and lubricating oil both at independent cooling and recovery of the service heat;
- automatic power station shut-off in case failures restricting further operation occur;
- recording and retaining of the preset parameters in the short-term and long-term archives;
- capability of communication with system ÀÑÓÒÏ of higher level and/or data transfer to the external (portable or stationary) diagnostic system.