1930-1945

In the early 30-ies while keeping producing steam locomotives and diesel engines the plant started production of diesel and electric locomotives ľ machines that were new for the plant in terms of quality. The first diesel locomotive rated 600 hp was constructed in 1930. This diesel-electric locomotive was designed for use as a shunting locomotive for large power stations. ôKolomensky Zavodö was the first in the country to bring production of main-line diesel locomotives to commercial level in 1933.

 

 

In 1932 ôKolomensky Zavodö and the plant ôDynamoö produced the first soviet freight electric locomotive ┬╦19 (ôVladimir Leninö)and in 1934 Kolomensky Zavod constructed the first passenger electric locomotive of series ¤┴ (ôPolitical Bureauö).

 

 

In April 15, 1939 ôKolomensky Zavodö was awarded the order of Lenin for its contribution to the creation and launching of new machines.

 

 

The Great Patriotic War changed the plant type of production. Orders from the front came one after another. Fulfilling orders required that the workshops be reorganized and they started to look like military production.

As enemy troops approached Moscow major part of the plant was evacuated to Kirov where military machinery (tanks, mortars ôKatyushaö, self-propelled plants) were launched during a short period of time.

 

 

Those workers who stayed in Kolomna were engaged in repairing military machinery.Various types of ammunition and equipment as well as mobile platforms for anti-craft guns were launched; 2 armoured trains were made. Besides, during the war period the plant fulfilled orders for metallurgical enterprises producing coke pushers, equipment for blast furnaces, hot-metal ladles, mine lifting machines, converters. For restoration works that were carried out on the liberated territories the plant produced diesel hammers and spare parts for power stations.In mid 1943 steam locomotive and engine production was resumed. The plant carried out repair of steam locomotives and diesel engines; new designs of locomotives and engines were developed and they were embodied in metal when the war ended.